P. O. Box 2985 Conroe, TX 77305
The Jury Coordinator is responsible for ordering enough summons to cover the District and County Courts each week for jury duty. This is done by communicating with each court, calculating their jury needs and ordering a sufficient number of potential juror names. The jury wheel is the official listing of jurors compiled from valid Texas Drivers License and Voter Registration and is updated yearly. The names are pulled from the list on a strictly random basis.
Answers to some of the questions you may have about jury service:
1. This office does not re-schedule jury service, however, jurors may reschedule their jury service at the E-Jury website linked below. Names are drawn on a strictly random basis.
2. If you have been called for jury service recently, you are not excused from another summons unless you actually served on a jury within the past year.
3. To change an address, to be taken off the list of jurors, to be excused, to be exempted or to be disqualified...we need something in writing, preferably your returned summons with the proper item circled or a note attached to the returned portion of the summons....with a signature, date and day time telephone number.
4. If you are not a resident of Montgomery County, you are not eligible to serve as a juror. Simply mark #2 under the qualifications, sign and complete your form and mail it back.
5. If you have received the form for someone else, such as your child away at college or in the military or for someone who no longer lives with you or at your address, simply write that reason on the summons and mail it back to the return address.
Jury Coordinator: Brenda Schank 936-760-6952 or 936-538-3751