Font Size

  • img

Precinct 4 Service Requests

 Commissioner Precinct 4
Commissioner James Metts    
23628 Roberts Road  New Caney, Texas  77357
Click HERE for map

Phone: 281-577-8919 (option 3) : Fax 281-577-8918

 Office Hours (excluding holidays) : Mondays-Thursdays 6:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Fridays 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Our mailing address is : P.O. Box 84  New Caney, TX  77357

 For emergency repairs outside of normal business hours that pose an immediate danger to the safety of our citizens, please contact the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office at (936) 760-5800 to report your problem. 

Montgomery County Precinct 4 is responsible for over 850 linear miles of roadway, 1542 linear miles of roadside ditches, and 36 bridges spread across 316 square miles of area. Roadway responsibilities do NOT include any State Highways or areas within incorporated city boundaries. State Highways and Farm to Market Roads are maintained by the Texas Department of Transportation. Their phone number is (936) 538-3350 and should be called for service requests on State Highways and Farm to Market Roads.  Please contact your local city hall for the incorporated area your request lies within.

The following responsibilities listed on Precinct 4 maintained roads can be requested via phone call to our main office at  (281) 577-8919 (option 3) or can be e-mailed to :
E-mailed requests must include :
1. Your full name;
2. Your physical address or area of concern (listed by street name);
3. Cross street (intersection) closest to your physical address or area of concern;
4. Brief description regarding the nature of the problem / request for service;
5. Valid daytime phone number where you can be reached.

Please include "SERVICE REQUEST" in the subject line of your e-mail.

Service requests include:
1. Precinct 4 maintained roadway issues / service requests including:
     a. Roadway deterioration;
     b. Potholes / Patching requests;
     c. Dead Trees Across Roadway or in County right of way.

2. Precinct 4 maintained right of way issues / service requests including:
     a. Sign problems (missing or defaced street, stop, or roadway signs);
     b. Drainage issues;
     c. Ditch or Culvert cleaning;
     d. New Culvert Setting (FEES APPLY, see notes below);
     e. Mowing requests along Precinct 4 right of ways.  

Once our office receives your request for service, a work order will be completed then forwarded to a supervisor who will inspect the area to determine what action can be taken for repairs. This procedure will be handled as quickly and efficiently as possible by our precinct offices. 

Our mowers move from street to street throughout Precinct 4. If your street gets missed or there is any other problem with a mower, you can send in a request and the supervisor will contact you to discuss your concern or request.

Culvert Setting Requests

Culvert Setting Requests/Instructions  
Culvert Setting Requests/Instructions (En Espanol)



View Photo Gallery