Post Office Box 959, Conroe, Texas 77305
210 West Davis, Conroe, Texas 77301
Phone: 936-539-7885 Fax: 936-760-6990
The County Clerk's office maintains Official Public Records beginning in 1836. The records include deeds, land patent records, mortgages, judgments and tax liens.
We offer e-recording of real property records for those who this statute applies. (LGC 195.003)
If you currently e-record documents in other counties, check with your vendor to see if we have an agreement with them.
We accept checks for filing fees and they may be made payable to: Montgomery County Clerk
Request for Copies
Requests for certified or plain copies can be submitted by mail using this form:
OFFICIAL PUBLIC RECORDS COPY REQUEST
Please submit your requests by MAIL.
1. All copy requests are subject to a 24-72 hour turnaround based on the date and time received, the availability of personnel, and the volume of work requested.
2. Make checks, cashier’s check or money orders payable to: Montgomery County Clerk.
3. Payment by personal check requires name, address and phone number on the check plus a legible copy of your identification. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for sending your documents to you.
Certified Copy: $1 per page + $5 for certification per document
Plain Copy: $1 per page
To determine the amount due, you can call our office or you can look online at the document HERE, and determine how many pages are in the document and calculate the fees.
However, if you do not correctly calculate the fees, your request will be delayed until the correct amount is submitted.
6. If you do not need certification and have the ability to print a plain copy, you can obtain one at our public access website.
7. Mail to:
Montgomery County Clerk
P.O. Box 959
Conroe, Texas 77305
If you have questions, please call 936-539-7885.