Font Size

  • img


L. Brandon Steinmann

County Clerk

County Clerk
L. Brandon Steinmann
Post Office Box 959, Conroe, Texas 77305
210 West Davis, Conroe, Texas 77301
Phone: 936-539-7885

Recording & Research Fees
 Official Public Record Fees as of January 1st, 2024
 Miscellaneous Fees and Services as of January 1st, 2024

The County Clerk's office maintains Official Public Records beginning in 1836. The records include deeds, land patent records, mortgages, judgments and tax liens.

We offer e-recording of real property records for those who this statute applies. (LGC 195.003) 
If you currently e-record documents in other counties, check with your vendor to see if we have an agreement with them. 

Fee payment
We accept checks for filing fees and they may be made payable to: Montgomery County Clerk

Request for Copies
Requests for certified or plain copies can be submitted by mail using this form:
Please submit your requests by MAIL.
1.  All copy requests are subject to a 24-72 hour turnaround based on the date and time received, the availability of personnel, and the volume of work requested.
2.  Make checks, cashier’s check or money orders payable to: Montgomery County Clerk.
3.  Payment by personal check requires name, address and phone number on the check plus a legible copy of your identification. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4.  Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for sending your documents to you.
5.  Fees:
Certified Copy: $1 per page + $5 for certification per document
Plain Copy: $1 per page
To determine the amount due, you can call our office or you can look online at the document HERE, and determine how many pages are in the document and calculate the fees.
However, if you do not correctly calculate the fees, your request will be delayed until the correct amount is submitted. 
6. If you do not need certification and have the ability to print a plain copy, you can obtain one at our public access website.
7. Mail to:
Montgomery County Clerk
P.O. Box 959
Conroe, Texas 77305
If you have questions, please call 936-539-7885.          


Recording Subdivision Plats (maps)
Plats are maps showing boundaries of subdivided land. A plat should be filed each time a legal boundary of a parcel is changed.
County plat - is a plat that requires approval from Commissioner's Court before it can be filed. Those fees are set by the County Engineer's Office and vary depending upon size.
City plat - is a plat within a city limit and the approval of the city council must be shown on the plat before it can be filed.

Posting Legal Notices
Notices include public meetings, agendas and foreclosures are posted in the main hallway and on the east and west sides of the courthouse as well as in the parking garage area on the north side of the building. They are also posted on the County Clerk website at
To post notices, please contact our office at

Liquor License
Not all areas of the county are permitted liquor licenses. When an application for a license is made, the County Clerk shall certify whether the location given in the application is in a wet area. Each applicant for an original license shall pay a hearing fee of $5.00 per box marked for each application filed plus a $10.00 records management fee plus a $1 courthouse security fee. The County Clerk shall post written notice of the date set for the hearing.

Financing Statements / UCC's
The Uniform Commercial Code filing is a notice filed as evidence that a debtor and a secured party intend to engage in a secured transaction using specified collateral as security. Only fixture filings will be accepted in the county clerks office now and the fee will be real property record fees. Please contact the Secretary of State for filing fees on collateral that is not fixed to real property Unless continued, a financing statement is good for five years.



View Photo Gallery