County Court at Law 2
UNCONTESTED Probate dockets are as follows:
- Wills/Administrations: 9:00 a.m., 9:45 a.m., 10:30 a.m. every Thursday
- Muniments: 8:30 a.m. every other Friday
- Guardianships: 11:30 a.m. every Thursday
- Heirships and Heirships w/ Administrations: Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays at 8:30 a.m.
UNCONTESTED Probate dockets are held on non-jury trial weeks as follows:
- Wills/Administrations: 9:00 a.m., 9:45 a.m., 10:30 a.m. every Wednesday & Thursday
- Muniments: 11:15 am every Wednesday
- Guardianships: 11:15 a.m. every Thursday
- Heirships and Heirships w/ Administrations: Fridays at 10:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m.
Applicants on the uncontested docket must have all necessary filings completed at least two days prior to the docket. Failure to do so will result in removal from the docket.
ATTORNEYS - Please bring someone familiar with the family history and qualified to give testimony for prove up. Attorneys are not allowed to give testimony unless the attorney has personal knowledge OTHER than garnered as the attorney (i.e. attorney must be a personal friend or family member).
When submitting depositions on written questions please ensure compliance with TRCP 203.2, and have deposition marked to enter into evidence at the hearing.
Also, many times the Wills offered for probate have confidential information including social security numbers, bank account numbers and/or minor's DOBs. A form to address redaction of this information by the Court Clerk may be found here.
AD LITEMS: Charging $1,000.00 or more on a case must submit the following order to receive payment: ORDER.