Montgomery County Fire Marshal
501 N Thompson, Suite 102, Conroe, Texas 77301
General Fire Safety
For questions regarding tips, policies, laws or investigations please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested installation tips….
- For wall mount (Place 12 inches from the ceiling)
- For ceiling mount (Place at least 12 inches from any wall)
- On high pitch ceilings (Place 3 feet from the highest point)
- Don't install near window, door, air register, or ceiling fan.
- Place at least one smoke detector on each level (Minimum of one detector outside each sleeping area and one detector in each sleeping room)
- Change battery twice a year or when chirping. We suggest you change the battery in the spring and fall, when you change the time on your clock.
- Test smoke detector once a month.
- Vacuum the vents in the detector at least once a year.
- Always follow the manufacturers recommendations.
- The National Fire Protection Association recommends that you replace your battery operated detector every ten years.