Am I in a floodplain or floodway? Verify my location.
*** NEW Elevation Certificate released by FEMA - Effective July 7, 2023 ***
Montgomery County's minimum elevation requirement is one (1) foot above BFE (base flood elevation)
MONTGOMERY COUNTY FLOODPLAIN MANAGEMENT REGULATIONS (click here)
*Located within special flood hazard areas are areas designated as floodways. Since the floodway is an extremely hazardous area due to the velocity of flood waters which carry debris, potential projectiles, and erosion potential, special provisions shall apply. The installation of a new septic system, or the repair/replacement of an existing septic system in the floodway is strictly prohibited by the On-Site Sewage Facility Regulations of Montgomery County.
NOTICE: The steps for permitting a structure in the floodplain have changed. See steps.
- Explore interactive map of Montgomery County, Texas floodplains.
- Temporary Class B Development Permit Application
- Steps for Development - Structure in Floodplain
- Survey Requirements & Survey Waiver Requirements
- Accessory Buildings and Garages in the Floodplain
- Floodplain Determination Request
- Development Requiring Permits
- Development Permit Non-Structure
- PE Certification
- Hydrologic & Hydraulic Analysis Guidelines
- 1316 list
- Only FEMA can remove your property from the floodplain.
- National Flood Insurance Program Elevation Certificate and Instructions
John K. McKinney Jr., Esq.
Aundrea Lindsey, CFM
Monday - Friday
***To ensure availability, please contact our office to schedule an appointment to meet with a floodplain official.***