400 N. San Jacinto St.
Conroe, Texas 77301
(936) 539 - 7897
Date & Time of Sale
First Tuesday of every month at 10 a.m. (unless holiday, then following business day).
Location – Online
The Montgomery County Constables no longer conduct live tax sales and resales but will continue to conduct execution sales in accordance with Texas law. Delinquent tax foreclosure sales and resales will be conducted by the County Constables through an online platform operated by Real Auction at www.realauction.com. This change was approved by County Commissioners Court July 27, 2021.
Constable Sales are open to the public. Bidders must register through the Real Auction website (www.realauction.com). All of the rules and procedures for tax sales are noted at the Real Auction website. Free bidder training is also provided through the website.
Request for Written Statement
- Download/print the Request for Written Statement document which provides verification that the winning bidder has no outstanding delinquent taxes due on any property for any school district, or municipality located in Montgomery County.
- No later than 5 business days before the sale, the Request for the Written Statement MUST be completed, notarized and received by the Montgomery County Tax Office in person, or sent by US Mail, along with cash, cashier’s check or money order for $10, payable to Tammy J. McRae, Tax Assessor-Collector:
Montgomery County Tax Office
Attn: Research Department
400 N. San Jacinto St.
Conroe, TX 77301
- Upon receipt and review of the Request for the Written Statement, and the $10 fee, the Montgomery County Tax Assessor-Collector will generate a certified “Written Statement” (also known as a Bidder Certificate) that is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance.
- The certified Written Statement will be returned via e-mail (if provided) or regular mail to the requestor. Please allow 3-5 business days for receipt, research and issuance of the Written Statement.
- The certified Written Statement form must be received by the Montgomery County Tax Office at least 24 hours before the start of the sale in which the bidder intends to participate. The certified Written Statement may be received in person, sent via U.S. Mail or e-mailed to email@example.com . For each sale in which a bidder participates, the bidder must submit a valid certified Written Statement.
Interested Buyer Notification Program
Those interested in tracking or purchasing tax sale properties may now register by county of interest and/or properties of interest on the LGBS tax sale website. Once validated as an IB you will receive email notices when sale listings are posted or if the status of particular properties changes (set for sale, removed from sale, struck off, etc.). This feature is an effective method of staying up-to-date on properties and you are able to sign up to receive sale information monthly via email.