Font Size

  • img

Property Tax FAQ

Tax Office

Tax Office

Montgomery County Tax Office 

400 N. San Jacinto St.
Conroe, Texas 77301
(936) 539 - 7897

Property Tax Frequently Asked Questions

How may I contact the Montgomery County Tax Office?

When are tax statements mailed and due?

What if the information (i.e. Name, Address, etc...) is wrong on my statement? How do I get this corrected?

What do I do if I received a tax statement and my mortgage company escrows (pays) my taxes?

I want to pay my own taxes. How do I prevent a mortgage company from requesting my statement?

What if I did not receive a tax statement and my account goes delinquent? Will I still have to pay penalties?

What type of payment options do you accept?

How do I find out what exemptions I am eligible for?

What if I can't pay the total tax amount? Do you accept partial payments?

I have sold my property but I continue to receive statements. How can I remove my name from this account?

When I purchased my home the sale was handled through an attorney or title company who collected my taxes at closing. Why am I receiving a delinquent statement?

Why are my taxes so high?

How do I get more information?



View Photo Gallery