Am I in a floodplain or floodway? Verify my location.
*Located within special flood hazard areas are areas designated as floodways. Since the floodway is an extremely hazardous area due to the velocity of flood waters that carry debris, potential projectiles, and erosion potential, special provisions shall apply. The installation of a new septic system or the repair/replacement of an existing septic system in the floodway is strictly prohibited by the On-Site Sewage Facility Regulations of Montgomery County.
NOTICE: The steps for permitting a structure in the floodplain have changed. See steps.
- Explore interactive map of Montgomery County, Texas floodplains.
- Temporary Class B Development Permit Application
- Steps for Development - Structure in Floodplain
- Survey Requirements - If floodplain is on property, but structure is not in floodplain
- Floodplain Determination Request
- Development Requiring Permits
- Development Permit Non-Structure
- 1316 list
- Only FEMA can remove your property from the floodplain.
- National Flood Insurance Program Elevation Certificate and Instructions
John K. McKinney Jr., Esq.
Aundrea Lindsey, CFM
email@example.com North Thompson, Suite 100, Conroe, Texas 77301Phone: 936-538-3544 Fax: 936-538-8155Office Hours: 8:00am to 4:00pm
Monday - Friday
***To ensure availability, please contact our office to schedule an appointment to meet with a floodplain official.***