Olen Underwood Juvenile Justice Center
200 Academy Dr., Conroe, TX 77301
2235 North 1st Street, Conroe, TX 77301
Phone 936-538-8168 Fax 936-538-3611
2247 North 1st Street, Conroe, TX 77301
- Bruce Gusler, Director
- Rick Sutton, Deputy Director
- Joanna Sauceda, Assistant Deputy Director, JJAEP
- Avery Thompson, Assistant Deputy Director, Detention
- Heather Williams, Assistant Deputy Director, Probation
- Claudette Evans, Human Resources
- Matt Miller, Training Coordinator
- Kara Evans, Administrative Manager
- Derek Henderson, Quality Development Supervisor
The Juvenile Justice Center strives to assist the Juvenile Court in fulfilling its mission, to assure public safety through supervision of residents/probationers, to maintain the integrity of the law and to hold residents/probationers strictly accountable for their actions while assisting them in developing pro-social changes in their behavior.
A juvenile is a child at least 10 yrs old but less than 17 yrs old.
A child cannot be referred to our department before the age of 10.
A child is referred as an Adult if they commit a crime after they reach age 17; however parents are responsible for their actions until they reach age 18.
If a child commits a crime before their 17th birthday, they can be put on probation until their 18th birthday.
A juvenile may be emancipated at age 17, see Texas Family Code 31.001.
Juvenile records can be restricted and/or sealed pursuant to the Texas Family Code, Chapter 58, Subchapter C.